Who is a GQ man, you ask?
He is soft scoundrel that can fix on your knowledge of whiskey and then pay a compliment to throw underhanded before we proceed to steal his girlfriend in front of you. It’s that cool stylish pocket square bears the most exquisite on the market, but do not hesitate to offer a woman crying. Is that the charismatic leader who excels in everything splashing in, including washing dishes – if your wife so ordered. In short, a GQ man is everything a gentleman should be.
The guest list includes big old who dressed sharply before many of us could not even dress (think Amitabh Bachchan, Kabir Bedi and Shekhar Kapur as a tuxedo) and Bollywood new kids on the block (Ayushmann Khurrana) , sports legends (Rahul Dravid), business tycoons (Sanjay Reddy) and fashion designers (Rohit Bal, Narendra Kumar).
To honor these men, the 2012 GQ Men of the Year Awards, held at the Grand Hyatt in Mumbai, were an orgy of fashion like no other. In keeping with the theme of the night – the Roaring Twenties – lapelled fine suits, high-waist, satin jackets oozing decadent pockets and impeccable tailoring were de rigueur that the men tried to recreate the “années folles”.
The most stylish 15 men in the prizes.
- Ajay Devgan
- Rahul Bose
- Anil Kapoor
- Amitabh Bachchan
- Sanjay Reddy
- Kabir Bedi
- Dino Morea
- Rahul Dravid
- Ashish Raheja
- John Abraham
- Rahul Khanna
- Ayushmann Khurrana
- Narendra Kumar
- Rahul Battacharya
- Rohit Bal
- Shekhar Kapur
- Emerging Talent: Ayushmann Khurana
- Cinematic Icon: Ajay Devgn
- Director: Anurag Kashyap
- Lifetime Achievement: Anil Kapoor
- Woman of the Year: Deepika Padukone
- Most Stylish Man: John Abraham
- Agent of Social Change: Mohandas Pai
- Breakthrough Talent: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Writer: Rahul Bhattacharya
- GQ Legend: Rahul Dravid
- GQ Digital Man of the Year: Ramesh Srivats
- Designer: Rohit Bal
- TV Personality: Shekhar Gupta
- Sportsman: Sushil Kumar
- Businessman: Sanjay Reddy
- Inspiration: Shekhar Kapur
- The Ultimate GQ Man: Shahid Kapoor
- International Businessman: Tony Fernandes
- Artist of the Year: Thukral and Tagra